Irene Ahmed is the Director of Mergers and Acquisitions with The Greensage Group. She joined the firm in August, 2011. Her primary duties include working with Private Equity firms and stand-alone entities on a pre and post-close basis to identify, assess and remediate business risk. Irene's experience helping clients spans 3 decades. One of her first jobs out of the gate brought her to the insurance industry. Irene took complex data and calculated group rates for medical, dental, and ancillary lines of coverage. Irene worked her way up the corporate ladder handling administrative, service and compliance issues; specializing in self-funded contracts for clients with up to two thousand employees. She eventually landed as the lead for the group service team for a national Group Insurance carrier.
Irene joined The Greensage Group team when Gary Greensage managed to persuade her it was time to change paths. Irene has not been disappointed with the move. The most fulfilling part of her job is working with Gary to find new ways to add value to their current and future clients. Irene's responsibilities at The Greensage Group include:
- Execution of comprehensive merger and acquisition diligence processes
- Consultative analysis of Group Health and Welfare Plans
- Comprehensive management of annual Open Enrollment and employee education meetings
- Monitoring of ongoing claim experience for early identification of trends
- Comprehensive, ongoing monitoring and advice for Federal and State legislative changes
Irene is married to her best friend, Henry. Together they have 6 children and 4 grandchildren. She loves to crochet, sing with her church choir and at special events, travel with her husband and spoil their grandchildren. Irene is originally from Minnesota but now Houston is home.